I have so many things to tell everyone, in lengthy and loving detail, but I didn't sleep last night (but I did
finish ALL THE WORK so I am taking this weekend off off OFF) and I'm sitting at the car dealership getting my recall things fixed, so I can't give them the attention necessary for that kind of detail. But I do want to update, so here, have a list of things:
* Ford Focuses feel claustrophobic to me. They're so much higher on the road than my Saturn, but I have no head room, I have very little side to side room, and the seat doesn't go back far enough. I don't ever want to drive one of those again.
* Jeeves is better!!! He doesn't go 100% to the right, but he's much more balanced and not walking in circles. :D
* ante_up_losers Big Bang 2014
is live! 24 new works, including a fan comic, dolls meta, a photostory, workout routines, picspam, knitting (of course - it wouldn't be a big bang without knitting), and of course fic and art!
* Seriously, HabitRPG
is the best thing ever and really helps me get shit done.
* Writing is coming along; close to finishing up my one Wincestiel big bang, so hopefully that opens the door to write another one.
* Can't wait for crossovering
's collection to go live tonight! I love my story and I love my prompts, so I want to see what I got! :D :D :D
* Thinking about posting these one sentence fics
to the AO3, but I'm not sure how. There are so many fandoms! I want them in my archive because that's where I keep my fic and I'm really proud of them, but I don't want to annoy readers (this would annoy me). I'll probably post them anyway, and probably as a single story. I was thinking chapters, but for single-sentence fics that seems ridiculous.
* I saw DCI quarterfinals and EVERYTHING WAS SO AMAAAAAAAAAZING! I have 10 pages of notes to type up for it, not sure if I will ever get to it. But maybe! Because DCI! :D :D :D
* My sister and her three boys and her boyfriend came down a couple of weeks ago and we went to Great America. It was fun, mostly, though youch, toddlers at Great America. Tough to wrangle.
* My sister came down the next weekend to go to Great America, just her and me. It was a surprise Friday thing, so I didn't have time to ask for PTO and I had work things and meetings. Went anyway. Got started late because I had work things to finish. Had a one hour meeting that turned into a two hour meeting in the afternoon in the car. Stood in line for TWO HOURS to get on a rollercoaster only to be too fat to get the lap bar to pull down, so I had to get off and wait for my sister to ride. I'm not as embarrassed as I might have expected to be, but it was very sad. I really like roller coasters. All in all it was a tough day. We're going to do Fright Fest - hopefully that will wash the taste out of her mouth. (My little brother and big sister and I have a terrible Great America memory too - we went and there was a torrential downpour - they closed almost all the rides, so we ended up going to the mall to buy new (dry) clothes and drying our hair under the hand dryer at Pizzaria Uno.)
* My mom's 80th birthday party was a couple weekends ago. I saw a bunch of relatives I never get to see. Three of my oldest brother's kids showed up (one with his wife and new baby). They don't speak to us much, that whole brood, so I was pretty damn surprised to see them. Could've knocked me over with a feather. Part of their problem with the rest of our family is how we "acquire" people - there are now three people we consider family that they absolutely DO NOT, and so when we took a family picture with all of us, it was gratifying that the whole family was in there and not just the blood and legally related ones. I'm sure my oldest bro will get shit from his wife about that.
* First labor day in years we won't be spending with the_wanlorn
. It feels weird. But I'm planning to sleep a lot and have gluten-free cake and maybe see a couple movies.
* I may have a gig at Hopkins! Or Harvard! And oh, shit, I just got an email about TJU. What the hell?! I know I'm popular, but where were all these folks when I was sitting on the couch for 5 months! I still have 2 weeks of stuff I need to do for UTSW, and it's all building user guides and shit (which takes so much time and concentration), and they want to book me at like, 150%. Which normally I'd be fine with! But I don't want to mess up these user guides and I'm behind on them already.